Turkey Visa for UAE Residents Latest News 2024
Obtaining a Turkey visa for UAE residents is a simple process when you have everything you need. The authorities have updated their conditions for the entry of Emirati citizens and citizens of other countries to apply for a visa. Additionally, there are immigration rules that you will need to follow to make your trip to the country go as smoothly as possible.
In this article, we will show you what requirements you must meet to obtain a visa. In the same way, we will explain what the application process is like, as well as the processing time of said document.
Turkey visa requirements for UAE residents
Regular passport holders must obtain a Turkey visa for UAE residents for business or tourism purposes. However, Emirati citizens can easily obtain an electronic visa (Turkish eVisa). Therefore, the visa is for 3 months and multiple entries for any of the two mentioned purposes.
In contrast, holders of official Emirati passports do not need to apply for a Turkish visa to stay for 90 days. In the case of the electronic visa, you are allowed to travel to and within Turkey for non-essential purposes, such as tourism, business, or transit. The Turkish authorities created this type of visa to replace the adhesive and stamp-type visa.
Latest News: turkey offer visa free entries to 6 countries
In a presidential decree published in the national newspaper of the country, authorities announced that they have eliminated visa requirements for citizens of certain countries. In this case, these are the following 6 nations:
In this way, citizens of the 6 mentioned countries will be able to stay in the nation for 90 days. However, they will only be able to stay for that time within 180 days from the issuance of the visa. The decision of the authorities is under Article 18 of the Immigration and International Protection Law No. 6458.
Previously, visitors from these and other countries were required to acquire a visa to enter Turkey. For example, Bahraini citizens had to apply for the 30-day single entry visa online. Additionally, Canadian citizens can apply for a visa through the eVisa services of the Turkish authorities.
On the other hand, citizens of Oman can apply for eVisas to stay in the country for 90 days. Furthermore, with the said visa, they can stay that time for a period of 180 days. Similarly, there is also a Turkey e visa for UAE residents, who can stay for up to 3 months with multiple entries.
Likewise, citizens of Saudi Arabia can also apply for multiple-entry e-visas, for up to three months. Additionally, United States citizens applied for electronic visas to enter the country.
Eligibility criteria for a Turkey eVisa for UAE citizens
To obtain a Turkey visa for UAE residents, you must meet the following criteria:
- The trip to the country must be for tourism or business purposes.
- You must possess an Emirati passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. Likewise, the document must have 2 free pages for the authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Holders of official UAE passports may need to meet other criteria, which you can find out directly from the Turkish Embassy.
Documents for a Turkey visa for UAE residents
Before you know how to get Turkey visa for UAE residents, you need to know what documents you need to apply. Next, we will show you what these documents are:
- As we mentioned, you will need your passport to be valid for at least 6 months from your date of arrival in Turkey.
- You must have a recent, high-quality photo on a white background.
- Provide a valid email to obtain your visa results.
In this way, you can obtain a Turkey e visa for UAE residents through the authorized services.
What should you avoid when applying for a visa?
Before applying for the Turkey e-visa, you should know certain aspects that you should avoid to speed up the process. Below we will show you what to avoid:
- Wrong information. In the application process, you must correctly enter all your personal information to avoid your application being rejected. They will ask for your full name, date of birth, contact information, and more.
- Passport without the necessary validity. As we mentioned, the authorities will not accept a passport that does not meet the 6-month validity period. Make sure that said document is valid from the date of your possible arrival in the country.
- Wrong travel dates. To avoid delays or further complications to your trip, you must provide travel dates that fit your plans.
- Missing documents. In some cases, you will need to submit certain documents, such as proof of accommodation and travel itinerary. In this case, try to have these documents on hand after applying to avoid inconveniences.
- Receiving the visa at the wrong time. To avoid inconveniences when traveling, you should try to apply for a Turkey visa for UAE residents in good time.
Travel from the UAE to Türkiye
If you already have your visa to travel to Turkey, you can make the trip by plane from various points in the United Arab Emirates. In this case, the frequent flight routes to said destination are the following:
- From Abu Dhabi International Airport to Antalya Airport, it will take you 6 hours.
- From Dubai International Airport to Istanbul International Airport, it will take you 5 hours.
- Travel from Sharjah International Airport to Dalaman Airport in 6 hours and 45 minutes.
Additionally, you can travel on various Airlines that offer flights to Turkey, such as Qatar Airways, Emirates, or Turkish Airlines. Likewise, you can go to one of the common tourist destinations in Turkey such as Istanbul, Antalya, Ankara, Marmaris, and Bodrum. However, before traveling to the country, check the news to find out if there are any travel restrictions in Turkey.
How To Apply for Turkey e-Visa for UAE Residents
There are various agencies where you can apply for a visa for your trip, with their benefits and characteristics. Next, we will show you how to apply Turkey visa for UAE residents through the standard procedure:
- Visit the website of the agency authorized to legally offer the Turkish visa.
- You will then need to complete the application form providing accurate details to avoid delays.
- Next, select the visa processing time.
- Pay application fees that will depend on processing time.
- Upload the necessary documents, which you must do in high quality so that they are readable.
- Finally, submit the visa application.
At this point, you will need to wait for your request to be approved, which they will notify you of via email. As there is no Turkey visa on arrival for UAE residents, you will need to print the confirmation and have it on hand upon arrival.
Processing Time for Turkey visa for UAE residents
Those who meet the Turkey visa requirements for UAE residents can choose the type of service. Furthermore, regardless of wherever you apply in the Emirates, the process is the same. Agencies specialized in providing visa services generally have different processing times, including:
- Regular service. Commonly, the visa processing time for any applicant is 3 business days. Also, this is the cheapest application type for travelers, so if your budget is not very big, you can opt for this one.
- Urgent service. This service allows applicants to obtain a visa in just 24 business hours after applying.
- Super Urgent Service. If you need the visa urgently, you can obtain it with this service in about 5 hours. However, this is the most expensive service for a Turkey visa for UAE residents among the existing options.
Visa application rejected
If your visa application for Turkey is rejected, you can apply again after 24 hours of rejection. In this case, you must know the reasons for the rejection and fill out the form again with the precise information. You must also ensure that the requested documents meet the necessary conditions. Therefore, please check all these items carefully before applying again to avoid a new decline.
Visa fee: Turkey eVisa cost for UAE citizens
Knowing how to apply Turkey visa for UAE residents also implies knowing its cost. In this case, there are two types of fees related to this service, those that include service fees and government fees. Next, we will show you what each of them consists of:
- Service fees. This consists of the fee that the applicant must pay for the processing of the Turkish visa.
- Government fee. This is the fee for Turkey eVisa applicants from non-eVisa-exempt countries.
Additionally, Emirati citizens should purchase travel insurance ideal to resolve any emergency. Thus, you should factor this extra expense into your travel budget, which can ensure a smoother stay. Likewise, according to the official pages of Turkey, the cost of an electronic visa is AED 220 or USD 60.
Validity of a Turkey eVisa for UAE citizens
The Turkey visa for UAE residents has multiple entries and has a validity period of 6 months from arrival. However, you can only stay in the country for 90 days until the document expires. This way, if you stay in the country for 30 days, you can leave and return and stay another 60 days within the allowed period.
Consequences of a stay outside the allowed time
The immigration laws of Turkey are clear and strict regarding the length of stay with the types of visas it offers. Hence, if you exceed the allowed stay time, it is a violation of Turkish immigration laws. In these cases, the implications can include fines, deportation, and, in extreme situations, a ban on entry into the country.
These penalties depend on the circumstances and also the length of your stay. The problems you may face for overstaying your stay are:
- Travel restrictions to Turkey when attempting a new trip in the future, which may cause inconvenience or delays.
- Difficulties when applying for a new Turkish visa and even to other countries due to a lack of stay. In this way, authorities can determine your inability to comply with immigration laws, not only in Turkey but in other countries.
- Delays from having to deal with immigration authorities, which can cost you time and money.
Therefore, comply with the Turkey visa requirements for UAE residents, especially the length of stay. This way, you can avoid unpleasant surprises and your trip being a problem instead of enjoying it as planned.
Visa Application Tracking
Apart from knowing how to get Turkey visa for UAE residents, you must learn to know its status. In this case, you can do so through the website of the agency where you made your request. You can know what stage of the process your visa is in, as it consists of 4 main ones:
- Reception of the application. The agency received the request appropriately and began processing it.
- Additional information is required. In this case, they need more information from you, so you should contact the agency. Hence, at the time of reviewing the application, there were some problems and they must be resolved to avoid inconvenience or rejection.
- Waiting for a response from the government. They have already processed your application, sent it, and are only waiting for the final response from the immigration authorities.
- Application completed. This means that you have reached the final stage of the process and your application has been approved. Therefore, you will need to check your email inbox so you can view your document and print it to take with you.
However, if after the average time (3 to 5 business days) you have not received any response, you should contact the agency. As we mentioned before, review every detail of your application and the documents as requested to avoid delays or rejections.
Therefore, it is possible to obtain a Turkey visa for UAE residents through a simple process. However, you must have the necessary documents and meet the conditions imposed by the authorities. Either way, we can inform you about this and other relevant topics by simply contacting us.