Kuwait visit visa new rules 2023 Everything You Need to Know
Kuwait is a small country in Western Asia and for Covid-19 reasons, visits and entries to the region were suspended for almost two years. At present, the government reactivated the process and established Kuwait visit visa new rules 2023; which have been updated over the years.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know if you are planning to visit Kuwait. From the types of visas that exist, their costs, and the updated rules to all the requirements to apply for a visa in this country. Let us see more:
- Do you need a visa to visit Kuwait?
- What are the new rules to get a visa in Kuwait?
- What is the procedure to get a Kuwait to-visit visa?
- How much does a visa to visit Kuwait cost?
- How can we help you to obtain a Kuwait visit visa?
1. Do you need a visa to visit Kuwait?
Kuwait has agreements with some countries whose people do not need a visa to enter the country or they can get it quickly.
In this way, the people of the eligible countries are:
- United States.
- Haiti, among others.
Nevertheless, there are some exceptions for travelers from Venezuela, Colombia, Aruba, and others; because they need to have a professional degree or occupation to be eligible.
1.1 What are the types of visas to visit Kuwait?
Kuwait has different types of visas, but they vary depending on the reason of your visit.
1.1.1 Tourist Visa
The tourist visa or E-visa, allows you to stay in the country for a period not longer than 90 days. Moreover, this type of visa does not allow the applicant to carry out work activities because it is only for tourism purposes.
1.1.2 Business Visa
Aimed at workers, it requires the applicant to have a sponsor. This sponsor must fill out a form that indicates the reasons for the applicant’s visit.
1.1.3 Family or Relative Visa
This visa is for family members of people residing in Kuwait. To apply for this visa, you need to have a sponsor and you must prove the kinship between you two.
1.1.4 D-Type Visa
This visa is for people who intend to stay for more than 90 days in the country. Applicants can be:
- An employee who is going to work in a company in Kuwait.
- An immediate family member of a Kuwaiti citizen.
- A private businessman who plans to invest in the country, and will generate economic interest between Kuwait and his company.
- A medical patient, whose treatment is provided in an entity within the country, among others.
1.1.5 Kuwait Multiple-entry Visa
This visa is for people who must visit the country regularly and is valid for one year. It requires a sponsor in the Ministry of Defense of the country.
2. What are the new rules to get a visa in Kuwait?
Like many countries, Kuwait requires travelers to have a visa before their visit and the rules to apply have been updated during the last few years. There is not a big difference between them and here is the information that you should take into account:
2.1 Kuwait visit visa new rules 2017
In 2017, the flow of people wishing to enter this country increased, either for personal or work purposes. And workers from Pakistan, Morocco, and Guinea-Bissau, among others; had many restrictions to applying for a visa and in some cases were prohibited from applying. In addition to a large increase in the number of E-visa applications was evidenced.
2.2 Kuwait visit visa new rules 2018
Throughout 2018 and 2019, restrictions remained in place for people from the aforementioned countries but this was only due to the lack of embassies in these countries. And if you entered the country with a tourist visa and the intention to work, you could go to jail.
2.3 Kuwait visit visa new rules 2021
After 2020, people from China were banned from entering the country because of Covid-19. Due to this pandemic, in the following 2 years, many restrictions were implemented for people wishing to enter the country, such as Covid-19 testing, quarantines, and vaccinations.
2.4 Kuwait visit visa new rules 2023
In the present time, the government has lifted the pandemic restrictions. And the issuance of family visit visas was reactivated as well as the entry of tourists and workers into the country. Of course, for this to be possible, it is necessary to have a sponsor. These are the Kuwait visit visa new rules 2023.
3. What is the procedure to get a Kuwait to-visit visa
First of all, you must follow the Kuwait visit visa new rules 2023. Also, you should check whether or not you can apply for an E-visa. If this is not the case, you should contact the Kuwait consulate in your country or an adviser. Here are the steps to follow:
- You must fill out the corresponding form.
- You have to upload the required documents.
- Once you have your approval, you will receive your visa by email.
- You must print your visa to be able to enter Kuwait.
3.1 What are the requirements for an applicant?
The requirements vary depending on the type of visa you wish to apply for, but no worries, this is not a big list. Let us see the requirements:
3.1.1 What are the requirements for a Tourist Visit Visa?
- Fill out the application form.
- Copy and original of passport and have to be valid for at least 6 months.
- Current medical insurance for your trip.
- Proof of housing and income to pay for your stay.
3.1.2 What are the requirements for a Business Visa?
- Fill out the corresponding form.
- Copy of passport, and have to be valid for at least 6 months after you enter the country.
- Legal documentation of the hiring company.
- Copy of the degree.
3.1.3 What are the requirements for a Family or Relative Visa?
- Fill out the form.
- Proof of kinship or relationship with the sponsor.
- Copy and original of passport, and have to be valid for at least 6 months.
3.1.4 What are the requirements for a D-type Visa?
- Fill out the corresponding form.
- Proof of the educational institution or hospital, whatever the case of the visit.
- Copy of passport and have to be valid for at least 2 years.
3.1.5 What are the requirements for a Multiple-entry Visa?
- Fill out the form.
- Original Passport, which have to be valid for at least one year.
- Proof of the company’s business relationship with the country.
And if you cannot afford your stay in the country, you require a sponsor.
3.2 What are the requirements for a sponsor?
- Original and copy of their DNI of Kuwait and passport.
- Proof of income, which must be at least about KWD 500 ($1,626.66 per month).
- A letter of guarantee, explaining the kinship or relationship with the applicant and how expenses will be covered.
- Proof of assets.
- A sponsor´s invitation letter, explaining the purpose of the visit.
3.3 Is there a simpler way to do the process?
Yes, there are websites, such as EOR Middle East, which offer you excellent advice to complete your immigration process in the right way, and you will be guided by experts in the field.
4. How much does a visa to visit Kuwait cost?
Costs vary depending on the type of visa you wish to apply for as well as the prices vary depending on the service you wish to hire. For this reason, there are companies whose purpose is to assist you in the process so you can obtain the necessary visas and permits for your visit.
4.1 How long does the process take?
On the other hand, the processing time is very fast. It usually takes about 2 to 3 business days to receive approval. After receiving approval, there is a 30-day deadline for your entry into the country.
4.2 What is the validity of a visit visa in Kuwait?
The validity of these visas does not exceed the period of 90 days, i.e. 3 months, but you can request an extension of 30 days.
4.3 How much does the Kuwait visit visa extension fee cost?
You can request this extension only twice, for a total of 60 days of extension. In event of travelers who need to extend their stay, must pay KNW 10 ($32.87) per day of extension and if they do not pay this fee, they will be not allowed to leave the country.
5. How can we help you to obtain a Kuwait visit visa?
As experts in immigration for Middle East countries, we offer you efficiency and excellent advice throughout the process. So that you do not have to worry because you will have the service of local experts, who will be in charge of providing a personalized service for your visa application. And our representatives will send you emails with progress reports as well as assistance if some documents need to be translated.
Now, do you want to know more about Kuwait Visit Visa? You should contact Eor Middle East. Also, if you have any questions, you can email us at [email protected] or call us at +971 43 316 688 and you can talk with our representatives, who will be happy to assist you.