Iqama Status and Expiry Check Online 2023 Complete Guide
An Iqama, also popular as a Muqeem card, is a residence permit for expatriates living and working in Saudi Arabia. It is essential that foreigners have a valid Iqama to enter different services and guarantee legal residence in the territory. In this comprehensive guide, we will guide you through the process on how to check the Iqama status and provide you with information about the vital points of managing your Iqama.
In this article, we will give you detailed instructions on how to check your Iqama status in Saudi Arabia. An Iqama is a residency permit necessary for foreign people who travel to Saudi Arabia for professional employment or education. It is a legal document that must be renewed on a regular basis. Knowing how to check the IQAMA status is an important procedure that every foreign national in Saudi Arabia should be aware of.
- What is an Iqama?
- How to get an Iqama?
- Iqama Violations and Penalties
- Check Iqama status and expiration date without Absher
- Red-green condition of Iqama
- Iqama verification by border number
- SIM Iqama verification
1. What is an Iqama?
The Iqama is a critical document for expatriates in Saudi Arabia. It serves as an identification card and proof of legal residence in the territory. It has substantial information like your full name, nationality, profession, Iqama number, Iqama check date, and Iqama expiry date red green. The Iqama is necessary for various tasks, such as opening a bank account, obtaining a driver’s license, renting property, and accessing health care services.
An Iqama is a residency permit necessary for foreign nationals coming to Saudi Arabia for employment or education. It is a legal document that grants the possessor permission to live and work in the nation for a set length of time.
The Iqama is a necessary document for foreign nationals living in Saudi Arabia. It serves as proof of legal residency and is necessary for a variety of activities, including establishing a bank account, renting a home, and acquiring a driver’s license.
The Iqama provides vital information on the permit holder, such as their name, nationality, profession, and the Iqama expiry date of 2023. To retain legal Iqama check status in Saudi Arabia, the Iqama must be renewed on a regular basis.
2. How to get an Iqama?
To obtain an Iqama, you would first need to obtain a job offer from a Saudi Arabian employer who will act as your sponsor. Your sponsor will be responsible for obtaining a work visa for you and beginning the Iqama application process. When you arrive in Saudi Arabia, you should undergo a medical examination and submit the necessary documents to the Ministry of Interior (MOI) for the issuance of Iqama.
2.1 How to check your Iqama status online?
Knowing how to check the IQAMA status is a simple process and it is through the Absher platform, which is an electronic service portal provided by the Saudi Arabian regime. How to check the status of your Iqama? follow these steps:
- Register on the Absher platform.
- Visit the Absher website (https://www.absher.sa/) or download the Absher app on your smartphone.
- Click on “Individuals” and then select “Register”.
- Complete the registration form by providing the requested information, including your Iqama number, mobile phone number, and email address.
- You will receive a verification code by SMS. Enter this code to finish the registration process.
- Log in to your Absher account.
- Visit the Absher web portal or open the app on your smartphone.
- Click on “Individuals” and then select “Start Session”.
- Enter your customer name, password, and the captcha displayed on the screen, then click “Login.”
- Check the status of your Iqama.
- When you are logged in, click on “Control Panel” to view your Iqama information.
- Look for a part called “Iqama Services” or “Residence Services”.
- Click on “Consult MoI Iqama expiry check” or a similar choice.
- Enter your Iqama number and captcha, then click “View” to view your Iqama status check and Iqama expiry date checking. This is the way how to check your Iqama expiry.
2.2. Expiration and renewal of Iqama
It is crucial to keep track of the expiration date of your Iqama and make sure it is renewed on time. Your employer, who is also your sponsor, is responsible for renewing your Iqama. However, you should maintain an open line of communication with your employer to ensure proper renewal. The renewal process mainly involves updating your passport, work permit, and health insurance, as well as paying the required fees.
3. Iqama Violations and Penalties
Failure to keep a valid Iqama may result in penalties, including fines, imprisonment, or deportation. Various common Iqama violations include:
- Exceeding the Iqama validity check in Saudi.
- Work for an employer other than your sponsor.
- Engaging in a profession other than the one indicated in your Iqama.
- Not carrying your Iqama with you at all times.
- To avoid sanctions, make sure your Iqama is valid and up to date, follow the rules and regulations, and abide by the terms of your Iqama and employment contract.
If you change your job or profession in Saudi Arabia, you should update your Iqama. However, your new employer should start the career change process with the Ministry of Labor and Social Development (MLSD) and the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat). When your profession change has its approbation, your Iqama will be updated with the new information.
3.1 Members of the family nucleus and Iqama
If you want to bring your family members to live with you in Saudi Arabia, you should apply for a family visa, which requires a valid Iqama. When their relatives arrive in the territory, they must also obtain an Iqama. However, you can check your Iqama status and manage your residency roles through your Absher account.
4. Check Iqama status and expiration date without Absher
The simplest approach to establish whether your Iqama status is still valid or has expired is to go to the Ministry of Labour (MoL) online Iqama status and complete an Iqama check. This will allow anybody, including those who do not have an Absher account, to verify the status and authenticity of their Iqama.
Want to know how to check your Iqama validity? To verify your Iqama status and check the Iqama validity period, simply follow these simple steps:
- Visit the MoL website.
- Enter your Iqama number and date of birth. This may be done in both Hijri and Gregorian calendars.
- Enter the captcha code and press the ‘next’ button.
5. Red-green condition of Iqama
The Iqama’s red-green status is linked to a Saudi initiative known as the Nitaqat program. The program essentially categorizes organizations’ or employers’ capacity to quickly process the visa needs of overseas workers and employees. For example, if an ex-pat resident gets green status on the Iqama, it indicates their business or firm has a variety of alternatives for visa processing for foreign workers.
A green Iqama status in Saudi Arabia, for example, permits a corporation to renew its employees’ Iqama on their behalf. Also, the foreign expat’s sponsorship may be changed to another firm, which implies that individuals with green status can migrate to other companies in Saudi Arabia more readily than those with red status.
You may quickly verify your MoI Iqama’s red-green status by visiting the Ministry of Labour’s Iqama webpage.
6. Iqama verification by border number
You may also use your border number to verify your Saudi Iqama status. You must first go to the Ministry of Labour’s Iqama webpage.
Simply follow these steps to complete the process:
- Enter either your Iqama, passport, or border number.
- enter the captcha code
- choose the search option
- Upon successful submission, the following page will be displayed:
- your given name
- Iqama color status work permit number employment status
- the legal standing of your business
7. SIM Iqama verification
In Saudi Arabia, obtaining a SIM card is linked to your Iqama. An Iqama bearer may only have two SIM cards active at any given time.
7.1 Iqama SIM verification via the CITC
If you want to see how many SIM cards are connected to your Iqama, follow these steps:
- Choose ‘person’ from the CITC (Communications and Information Technology Commission) site.
- Provide your Iqama number and date of birth, as well as your cell phone number.
- Fill in the captcha code.
- select the ‘search’ option.
- Enter the OTP number that was delivered to your mobile device.
- click the ‘submit’ button
- You will then be sent to a website that lists your registered SIM card numbers.
If you do not have a mobile phone, choose “No, I do not have a mobile phone.” The machine will next search its database for the names of all cellular companies.
As you can see, there are several concerns with Saudi labor legislation that you should be aware of. This is because you may avoid unpleasant circumstances in the workplace by doing so. Nonetheless, it is critical that you understand that if you are in an uncomfortable situation and wish to pursue legal action, you should get legal counsel. To do so, contact EOR Middle East, and we will assist you in resolving any issue.
We have specialist consultants in numerous areas, including Saudi law, in our organization. Furthermore, we have experts who are well-versed in these areas and are eager to help you in any manner they can. Moreover, if you need to reach us, please phone +971 43 316 688 or email us at [email protected].
If you are looking for a career in the UAE, do not hesitate to visit thetalentpoint.com. Moreover, you will find various employment opportunities on our website, allowing you to realize your ambition of working in this country. If you prefer, you may submit your Resume to [email protected].