Everything you need to know about establishment card UAE
If you are interested in investing in a company abroad; It is important that you know everything you must do following the regulations of the country in which you decide to settle. For instance, to open a business in the UAE, they ask you for an establishment card. This is one of the requirements to start the process, and obtaining it is the most relevant. If you know everything you must do to offer your services or products, you will not have any problem.
In this article, we will give you all the relevant information so that you can learn about and acquire the establishment card. The first thing will be to define it like this, you understand the importance of this document. Secondly, we will talk to you about the entire process to obtain it and we will tell you the cost. Also, if you already have the establishment card, but it is close to expiration, you will see what you must do to renew it.
- Learn about the establishment card in the UAE
- Do you know the importance to having access to this document?
- Do you want to obtain the UAE establishment card? Learn about the process
- How can you renew the establishment card, in case it is close to expiration?
- Contact EOR Middle East to help you with the other requirements to open your company in the UAE
1. Learn about the establishment card in the UAE
It is necessary to know that it is an establishment card and the main thing to know about this is that it is an essential document. This card is usually issued as a plastic card. It is the size of your bank card. In addition, it specifies all the information regarding the organization to which you belong at the time of issuance. This card is vital for businesses that are starting in the UAE.
Below we can see the content that will be reflected in a letter of establishment:
- The name of the company to which it belongs.
- Card number.
- The date this card expires.
All the content of this card is written in both Arabic and English. Similarly, on the back of this card, you can find different instructions for the cardholder. In addition, you will be able to find information that will allow you to communicate with the AMER service. The most relevant data that this card has is the establishment card number.
An important fact regarding this card is the different names by which it is known. Therefore, if you see any of the names in the following list, you should know that it is the same document:
- The name of the CEC or company establishment card.
- The name of CIC or company immigration card.
- Name of the establishment labor card.
- The name of the establishment of the immigration card.
2. Do you know the importance of having access to this document?
A very frequent question is whether it is necessary to have an establishment card. This document is extremely important and allows you to carry out many processes within the country. Next, we will be able to observe some of the reasons why it is important to have this establishment card:
- You can apply for a residence visa for you and all the employees of your company.
- You will be able to obtain work permits for all the employees of your company.
- This letter will be a requirement for some state service providers. Among these services are internet, water, and electricity for the office).
- You may request visas from partners and investors who are abroad.
- You will be able to hire personnel who are abroad.
If you do not have your establishment card checked, you will not be able to hire employees who are abroad. At the time of submitting your employment visa application, you will need to submit a copy of the company establishment card. In addition, along with this, you must send the other necessary documents.
Given the great importance of this document, you will not be able to obtain all the necessary visas if you do not have this document. Therefore, this provides a big problem if you want to hire highly trained personnel from abroad. In addition, it will be essential to be able to count on certain fundamental basic services for any company.
3. Do you want to obtain the UAE establishment card? Learn about the process
As you already know what it is and why it is important to have the Dubai establishment card; It’s time to find out how you can get it. The first thing to clarify is who is in charge of issuing the document. There is often confusion regarding who grants the establishment card. The reality is that this process is authorized by the immigration authority called the General Directorate of Residence and Immigration (GDRFA).
On the other hand, something that you should also know is the validity period of this document. The answer to this will depend on where you establish your company. If you are located in a free zone, it only lasts for 1 year. But, if your company is in a local area, its validity time is longer, specifically, 3 years. It is important that you know when your expiration date is, so you can avoid establishment card renewal fines. These penalties can be in different ways; for instance, an emirates ID fine, if the shareholders have the emirates ID,
If you already know how you want to create your small or large company, it is time to start the process of obtaining the establishment card. The steps you must follow to acquire these documents are as follows.
3.1 Documents delivery
The first thing you should know is that, before starting this process, your company must be registered. In addition, it is essential that you have the company’s business license. This is one of the papers you need to obtain the Dubai establishment card, the other necessary documents are as follows.
- A photocopy of the business authorization of the enterprise.
- The list of all the associates that make up the corporation (this only applies to LLC companies).
- LLC companies must also submit a photocopy of the Memorandum of Association.
- Passport of the UAE national promoter or local service agent.
- Photocopies of the emirates ID, which can distinguish the unified number of all partners (if they have it)
- Passport-size photos of all sponsors and shareholders.
- A map of the company’s location in Arabic.
- Photocopy of the rental agreement
- Photocopy of the e-signature card of the sponsor and all authorized partners (if necessary)
- All certificates of property titles are duly, notarized, and legalized.
3.2 Step 2
Once you have all the necessary documents on hand, you should visit the Tasheel typing center. While there, you deliver all the papers, request the form, and proceed to fill it out in English. After you finish completing the information requested, you should ask to have it translated into Arabic.
3.3 Step 3
To comply with this step, you must obtain the seal of the company and the signature of all shareholders. If they are, everyone within the country must also show the Dubai visa stamping of the partners.
3.4 Step 4
By completing all the steps above, you will have completed the process. Therefore, all that remains is for you to collect your Company establishment card. It is important that you keep this document very well to avoid losing it. If that happens to you, you have to request it again, complying with all the previous steps, and pay a penalty. Also, when you have your establishment card, you have the option of going to the Ministry of Labor and presenting it.
4. How can you renew the establishment card, in case it is close to expiration?
When you have the establishment card, it is important that you keep an eye on the expiration date and not let it expire. If you wait for the card to expire, you must pay the corresponding fines. The renewal process must be carried out several weeks in advance, but you must first renew the company registration.
In summary, it is important that you are aware of the expiration date of the registration of the company and the card. Because the renewal process of both documents must be done in advance. And having to gather the documents for the two procedures, to start the processes requires time. If you need to start renewing your establishment card, you can do so through AMER Service, or online.
Next, you will see the two processes in detail, so that you can choose the modality of your preference.
4.1 Online establishment card renewal process
The renewal process of this online document is very simple, you just have to follow the following five steps.
4.1.1 Step 1
The first thing is to look for the form that is online and then fill it out.
4.1.2 Step 2
After you send the form you must pay the fees, using the naqodi platform. Once you make the payment, you must keep the receipt, to deliver it together with the other documents. The cost of this fee is between AED 20 and AED 50. Also, if you are an individual, the price is lower and is 15 AED.
4.1.3 Step 3
Step three is to submit the immigration branch.
4.1.4 Step 4
At the end of all the previous steps, you will have completed the renewal process; you just need to get the established card. You have two options, the first is to have it delivered to you at that moment, in case it is urgent. But, if you can wait a little longer, it will be delivered to you in two to three business days.
4.2 AMER Services establishment card renewal process
For companies that do not have an online service, the renewal can be done through AMER Services. The process is just as simple as doing it online, you just have to follow the next two steps.
4.2.1 Step 1
First of all, you must go to an AMER center and ask them to give you the application that you must fill out. Once you fill it out, you deliver it to the person in charge to send the online form.
4.2.2 Step 2
After applying, you must submit the following documents.
- Original Establishment card, when it is about to expire.
- Photocopy of the business license of the enterprise.
- Map of the corporation’s location in Arabic.
- Current rental contract.
- Photocopies of the passports and Emirates ID of the responsible signatory.
- You must pay the fee for carrying out the procedure, which is 100 AED
5. Contact EOR Middle Wast to help you with the other requirements to open your company in the UAE
If you are an entrepreneur who wants to open your company in Dubai, you should know that the establishment card is not the only thing you need. There are other requirements that you must also have, including the employee visa. In addition, there are certain amenities that you can access if you wish. For instance, our Professional Employment Organization services, which is very fashionable these days for all the advantages it brings. Especially, to medium and small companies.
In Dubai, many companies are responsible for supporting these new companies in these processes. In case you are looking for one of these, EORMiddleast is your best option. We offer different types of services that can be useful for new entrepreneurs. Among them, are immigration solutions in the UAE, payroll, human resources management, and more. To make use of our services, you just have to call us at +971 43 316 688 or write to us at [email protected].
Currently, in the UAE a large number of companies have been created that are looking for employees. If you are a person who is looking for an excellent job opportunity abroad, one option is to visit thetalentpoint.com. Most new companies post their job offers on this portal; thus, without a doubt, you get a job that meets the characteristics of what you want. If you prefer, you can use our email [email protected] to obtain more information.