If you are one of the people who want to visit the UAE; you should know that you need a permit to enter. This permission is also known as a visa. There are different types of visas in the UAE depending on the condition you wish to enter. For instance, students, tourists, business visas, and more. It is important to clarify that each of the different types has different benefits and, in turn, different obtaining processes.
In this article, we are going to reveal all the details about how many types of visas in the UAE. The first thing will be to define each of them and thus understand the profile you need if you want to opt for one. The benefits of each of them will also be said. Thanks to this, if you want to acquire one, you can decide the best of all. In particular, we will talk about:
- How many types of visas are there in the UAE?
- What you should know about business visas?
- What is a tourist visa?
- Everything about the patient and their companion entry permits
- What is eVisa for GCC residents?
- What are the most important things to know about transit and student visa?
- How can help you EORMiddleast if you want any of these visas?
1. How many types of visas are there in the UAE?
The government of the United Arab Emirates; has been in charge of implementing opportunities to attract professionals from all over the world. For instance, different types of visas in the UAE. As a result, it is important that you know what these permits are so that; if you want to live and work in this country, you can decide on the best option.
- Business visa
- Transit visa
- Student visa
- Permit for the patient and their companion entry
- eVisa for GCC residents
2. What you should know about business visas?
The first visa to be discussed is the business visa. This is a long-stay permit that is granted to entrepreneurs with certain characteristics. The main thing is that at some point in your career, you opened a business and want to expand to the UAE. This was created to show that this is a country with business opportunities and also to make the UAE grow. On the other hand, it should be mentioned that this is part of the Golden visa system.
2.1 Requirements for eligibility
It is also important to mention that this permit is granted to employees of the new business. Like any visa, certain criteria must be met if you want to opt for this document. Below are the requirements for any entrepreneur who wants to apply for this visa.
- You have to prove that you have experience working independently, that is, as an entrepreneur.
- If you want to apply for this visa, you must also have experience as a majority shareholder of a company. In addition, to belong to a board of directors.
- Want to live and legally create a business in any emirate of the UAE.
- Present a business idea and a well-prepared plan to be implemented in the UAE.
This is the profile that a person who wants to apply for a business visa in the UAE must have. However, you should know that complying with all this does not imply that they grant you the document. Once you apply, it will be studied and then you will be informed if they give it to you or not. If they decide to grant you the visa, there are other requirements that you must submit.
2.2 Extra requirements
The first thing is that you meet all the eligibility criteria and that the application is approved. Once you know that your application is approved, there are other requirements that you must meet. Next, you will know what they are:
- You must digitize all the documents requested in the email you receive with the approval. In addition, you must fill out the form that they send you.
- On the other hand, if your nomination is denied; you must wait 3 months and then submit a new application.
If you were approved the nomination and application. The first thing will be to enter the country if you are a foreigner. They will send you a temporary visa that will last for 180 days; thus you can settle down and start your business. It is important that, before the 6 months are up, you apply for any type of residence visa in the UAE.
All the different types of visas in UAE have their particular benefits. In the case of the business visa, the advantages are the following.
- The entrepreneur will have the opportunity to establish his business and make it grow in the UAE.
- You can hire employees from all over the world and apply for some of the different types of employment visas in UAE for them.
- In addition, you are given the possibility of having partners and shareholders.
- You can have up to three people who are part of your board of directors and who choose a residency.
3. What is a tourist visa?
A tourist visa is a short-stay permit; which enables people from countries that cannot opt for an entry visa to the UAE. People who are citizens of countries that cannot make visa-free entry to the UAE are also eligible. This permit lasts approximately between 1 month and 3 months. But, you can request two extensions in a year that will last 1 month. This is one of the most requested types of visa in the UAE.
3.1 Multiple entry tourist visa
Currently, in the UAE there is a new tourist visa called the multiple entry tourist visas. This is a type of long-stay permit that allows visitors to enter and leave the country. You can stay in the country for a maximum of 3 months for each visit. In addition, you can request an extension for 3 more months. Generally, they have a duration of 5 years.
3.2 Tourist visa extension
Any type of tourist visa can be extended twice during that stay. This extension is for a maximum of 1 month. It is important that if you want to extend your short-stay permit, you do so before the time of your stay expires. Otherwise, you will have to pay a fine of AED 100 per day. To obtain this extension you will have to pay 600 AED for each renewal.
4. Everything about the patient and their companion entry permits
People with diseases who are abroad and want to receive treatment in the UAE; can opt for this visa. What is essential in obtaining this permit is that you must be sponsored by a medical establishment that is going to give you the treatment. It can be a public or private institution. The medical establishment that is your sponsor must process the documents for the entry of the patient.
This permission is also granted to a companion of the patient. In the case of the companion, it is a little more restrictive. For instance, if the patient needs to stay longer, the companion may not necessarily stay. For this, a medical report is needed that certifies that the patient needs it for his treatment.
4.1 Patient entry permit
Depending on the emirate where you are, the permits may vary.
In Dubai, there are two types of patient entry permits.
- Unique entry: the patient can stay in the UAE for only 3 months. It can be extended as long as the doctor considers it necessary. You can only enter the country once.
- Multiple entries: has the same conditions as the unique entry; but this is extendable and can be entered several times, until its expiration.
4.1.2 Abu Dhabi and north emirates
In this case, there is a greater variety of visa types, which are:
- Single-entry or multiple-entry treatment visas
- Single-entry or multiple-entry treatment visas for a family group
4.2 Patient companion entry visa
As with the patient entry permit, permits may vary depending on the emirate.
In Dubai, there are two types of patient companion entry permits.
- Single-entry: the companion can only enter the country once. Upon entering the country, you can stay for 3 months. You can request an extension, but it will be granted only if the certified medical report recommends it.
- Multiple-entries: the conditions are the same as with the single-entry permit, but you can enter multiple times.
4.2.2 Abu Dhabi and north emirates
In this case, there is a greater variety of visas for patient’s companion types, which are:
- Single entry or multiple entry companion visas.
- Single entry or multiple entry companion visas for a family group.
5. What is eVisa for GCC residents?
If you are a resident of the GCC and also have companions, it is necessary to apply online for a visa. This is mandatory if they want to enter the UAE. This visa will only be valid for a short period of 30 days. However, an extension for another 30 days can be requested, but only once. This visa must be obtained before entering the UAE.
The application that is presented by a foreign member of the GCC and their companions can be rejected if the circumstances warrant it. This request will be denied if the sponsor does not travel with the applicants. Also, if the GCC visa is expired or canceled, you will be denied entry. Before you travel you should check these details and avoid problems upon arrival.
6. What are the most important things to know about transit and student visa?
It is important to point out how each visa differs. The transit visa is sponsored only by the airlines and two types of it are issued. The first type is for 48 hours and is free, while the other is issued for 96 hours for AED50. The student visa is for foreign students over 18 years of age living in the UAE and may vary depending on the student.
6.1 Transit visa
For the transit visa you must know the following important points:
- Only those airlines based in the UAE through which you travel can process the visa before you travel.
- A travel agency can help you in the process, but you must take into account that it is the airlines that process it.
- You must have at least one passport or document valid for a minimum of 3 months when applying for this visa. This is valid for the 48-hour visa.
- You must have at least one passport or document valid for at least 6 months when applying for this visa. This is valid for the 48-hour visa.
- The reservation of the ticket to a destination other than the one from which it comes and other than the UAE. This is valid for the different types of transit visas.
6.2 Student visa
On the other hand, a long-term student visa will be given to those outstanding students. The following important aspects will be taken into account:
- Those high school students must have a 95% grade from high school upon graduation.
- It does not matter if the school is public or private.
- For university students, must graduate with a GPA of 3.75 from universities in the country and abroad.
- You need a sponsor which could be your university or a family member.
- This visa can be obtained by residents who are sponsoring their children.
- Both universities and colleges accredited by the UAE can obtain visas for their students.
- Males over the age of 18 cannot be sponsored by their parents unless they show proof of college attendance. This must be done for at least 1 year.
7. How can help you EORMiddleast if you want any of these visas?
To apply for a visa, no matter what type it is, you need an advisor to take you on the best path. For instance, if you have a company and you are going to apply for a visa for your employees; you have to know how many types of employment visas are. That is why you should contact EOR Middle East. We have the best advisers who can help you with visas and if you need it, with business matters.
With our company, you can obtain:
Our solutions reach to the following regions:
If you want to have telephone contact with us; you can make a 30-minute call with one of our advisors for free. Also, you can write us an email at [email protected]. Or, call us at +971 73 416 688. We will give you the answer as quickly and effectively as possible on the matter you need.
If you are interested in living in the UAE, you need a visa to enter. One of the best options out there is the employment visa. For this, you need to look for a job in the UAE. At thetalentpoint.com we have the solution for that. This is a portal that will help you find a job in the Middle East in the area you want. You can enter our page and create a profile or send us your CV to the email [email protected].